multiple subnets and DHCP

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Thu Mar 8 10:27:16 MST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 09:49 -0700, Hans Fugal wrote:

> No, but if you twist my arm hard enough I could do that. I've been
> spoiled by iproute and don't believe in virtual interfaces anymore, if I
> can help it.

iproute can't help you here because fundamentally your problem is at the
layer 2 level.  That's where DHCP works, anyway.  iproute is only going
to be useful for layer 3 stuff.

If you want an interface to be bound to two different subnets, I don't
see how you can do that unless you are using virtual interfaces.

Michael