General Linux Training

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Wed Mar 7 17:46:07 MST 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Doran L. Barton wrote:

> Not long ago, Daniel proclaimed...
>> I am the Webmaster for the Alpine School District.  Our technology
>> department is looking at getting basic Linux training.  We are looking
>> at training 30 people on-site.  All will have laptops.  Some attendees
>> will not have any prior Linux knowledge.  We are looking to install an
>> OS (Red Hat, Suse or Ubuntu), and have Linux basics taught in a 1 day
>> training session with the possibility of others in the future.  We are
>> looking for quotes for teachers.  We are already looking at Guru Labs
>> and Novell.  Does anyone know of any other reputable companies with
>> whom we can contract to do the training?
>
> Uhm... Guru Labs, maybe? www.gurulabs.com. They're in Bountiful. They
> rock... and that's final!

If you are open to the idea of letting your teachers self-train you can
take a look at the Linux+ Training Suite from TestOut:

http://testout.com/linuxplus/index.htm

I have used some of their products to help me prepare for certification
tests.  They have good products.  Your teachers may not want to get
certified but the training products are valuable even if you are not
preparing for a test.

Jonathan