MythTV and Comcast HDTV

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Sun Mar 4 08:36:37 MST 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 21:06 -0700, Brad Midgley wrote:
> Barry
>
> it sounds like you are a lot farther along than I got. Do you mind
> saying which documentation you were going by and what you had to figure
> out on your own?

I'm using http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

The FC6 dvb drivers work fine with my card.  So even though the above
link is not dvb-specific, it was all I needed to get OTA HD working with
very little effort.

I played with scandvb and mplayer on my own, but that wasn't really
necessary to get myth working.

The one thing I did have to figure out on my own was that the cx88-alsa
module that gets loaded automagically when I put in a pcHDTV card
conflicted with my sound card.  I had to add this to my modprobe.conf:

options cx88-alsa index=2

Then, when I added my second tuner card, it became:

options cx88-alsa index=2,3

Where are you stuck with your tuner card?  I've only used the HD-5500,
but maybe I can help.

Barry Roberts