debugging bash

Lars Rasmussen lars.rasmussen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:50:40 MST 2007

On 3/1/07, Michael L Torrie <torriem at chem.byu.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 17:03 -0700, Justin Findlay wrote:
> > On AD 2007 March 01 Thursday 04:44:28 PM -0700, Nicholas Leippe wrote:
> > > You could say that there is at least a defacto standard for the
> > > interface--accepting start|stop|status|restart and additional specific
> > > parameters.
> > >
> > > I don't see why you couldn't just as easily write an init script in
> > > perl/python/C/whatever.
> >
> > "m0n0wall is probably the first UNIX system that has its boot-time
> > configuration done with PHP, rather than the usual shell scripts, and
> > that has the entire system configuration stored in XML format."
>
> Somehow this combination of php and xml makes me shudder.  I don't mind
> php, but I sure don't like XML in this case.

Try the m0n0wall derived firewall, pfSense.  It makes this php/XML
combination look pretty good, not to mention BSD/pf.  Traffic shaping,
realtime usage graphs, miniUPNPD, SNMP, 4 types of VPN.  The
aforementioned features can be setup in under an hour.  I'm not even
scratching the surface of what it can do.
--
Lars