Hosting, from me!

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Thu Jun 28 11:39:06 MDT 2007

Lonnie Olson wrote:
> Brandon Stout wrote:
>> Or... you could forgoe the NAT thing altogether - something built to
>> get around the limited number of available IP addresses on the
>> Internet, and go IP V6...  The VPS v3 FreBSD and Linux plans both
>> offer IP V6.
>
> ZOMG!  FreeBSD + IPv6 + cheap hosting!  Now that just caught my
> attention.
>
> I am currently running my own server at home on my lowly DSL
> connection (no more free colo).  I might be interested.
>
> /me looks at plans on verio.com
> I don't see mention of IPv6.  Is it just a tunnel, or did they find a
> real IPv6 connected provider?
>
> 20G limit?  :(  I use about 10G myself, just for data.
>

> --lonnie

I remember reading about IPv6 support in a Verio v3 somewhere - I'll see
if I can find it.  Until then, here's a link or two:

http://www.verio.com/about/newsroom/articles/index.cfm?fuseaction=article&Year=04&id=679251089208190
http://www.verio.com/about/newsroom/pr/index.cfm?fuseaction=press&Year=03&id=571071003304

The first is from 2004, the second from 2003.

Brandon Stout
http://mscis.org