SPF sucks

Steven Alligood steve at bluehost.com
Thu Jun 28 10:45:59 MDT 2007

ok, I agree that simply because something is easy versus the hard way is
not a reason for implementation or not.

I also agree that something that is completely broken should not be used
in place of not having the function.

But I believe that the world in general does not care if something is
kind of broken or what is the "right" way of doing things.  They care
about (1) cost, (2) results and (3) make customers happy.  In that
order.  Doing something "right" is about 235 in the list, right after
(234) call mom on her birthday.

Things get implemented because there is a need and the cost is less than
ignoring the need.

SPF is a very good solution following those rules.  It is cheap, easy to
implement, and does about 75% of it's goal.  It also tells your
customers that you care and are trying to do something about their problem.

It is here to stay until something better can be done that is as easy to
implement.

It's not "right".  It just is.

-Steve