SPF, Hotmail, and Yahoo mail

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Wed Jun 27 21:19:04 MDT 2007

Thus said "Matthew Frederico" on Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:00:49 MDT:

> All I  can say  is - hotmails  filters are messed  up. You  could also
> become  a bonded  sender,  or  use habeas,  but  you  will still  have
> brightmail filter problems like the above.

The important thing  to remember about bonded sender is  that it doesn't
necessarily guarantee anything, only that you are willing to pay for the
messages you  send. They  even claim that  it won't  guarantee delivery,
only ``improve  the reliability,''  which is absurd  since they  made it
unreliable in the first place by silently deleting messages. Sounds like
a fine  racket to me...  Indeed, this  kind of system  is discriminatory
against the little guy who doesn't  want to fork out $1400; hopefully it
isn't widely deployed.

Andy
  9:19pm  up 16 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.02, 1.18, 0.84