SPF, Hotmail, and Yahoo mail

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 10:00:49 MDT 2007

I've done a lot of email marketing in the past, and have seen hotmail do
some strange stuff.  Their filter system is the brightmail filter.  I've had
the same problems with the exact same message going through from one MTA,
and not from the other.

I examined some SPAM that got through and put the same text from the spam
message into the MTA that couldn't send before (headers and all - yeah I
know) .. and would you believe .. It went through just fine - and even
landed in my INBOX!!

All I can say is - hotmails filters are messed up.  You could also become a
bonded sender, or use habeas, but you will still have brightmail filter
problems like the above.

-- Matthew Frederico