GPL and kernel .config file

Kyle Waters unum at unum5.org
Tue Jun 26 17:06:36 MDT 2007

Stephen Ward wrote:
> I suppose I could look to see if System Rescue CD is still making their
> config file available (though it's been just over 3 years, apparently,
> since
> that kernel was built).  Does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions?
Two other sections of the gpl may apply(first paragraph section 3):

"Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years"

and

"Accompany it with the information you received as to the offer to
distribute corresponding source code. (This alternative is allowed only
for noncommercial distribution and only if you received the program in
object code or executable form with such an offer, in accord with
Subsection b above.)"

Kyle

--
no amount of fear can stop the rise of free media, or free software (they are the same, after all)

Jonathan Swartz
CEO Sun Microsystems