GPL and kernel .config file

Stephen Ward sjward at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 17:01:54 MDT 2007

> What's wrong with sending him off a copy of the file?

I'm not at all concerned about withholding information from him.  The
problem for me is that the LiveCD he got from us was a re-mastered System
Rescue CD from 2004 and I don't know how to get a copy of the .config file
that was used on that SysRescCD.

On newer systems, I see that a copy of the config file resides in
/proc/config.gz of a running system.  I don't see anything like that on this
CD, though.  Running uname tells me: 2.4.26-fd35.

I suppose I could look to see if System Rescue CD is still making their
config file available (though it's been just over 3 years, apparently, since
that kernel was built).  Does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
Stephen