Some questions from my dad, who may go Linux...

Justin Findlay justin at jfindlay.us
Mon Jun 25 00:29:01 MDT 2007

On AD 2007 June 24 Sunday 06:40:44 PM -0600, Brandon Stout wrote:
> > I still have questions about going Linux as you can see.

My switch away from windows and the masquerade of proprietary software
to free software was one of the most liberating experiences of my life
and it has and will have innumerable positive repercussions on my
current and future life as a mercenary programmer, as a student, as a
scientist, and even as a plain computer user.  The difference almost
must be felt more than understood.  Other people may choose to use
Windows or OS X out of necessity of circumstance or even by choice, but
for me I can never in good faith again use proprietary software when a
free software alternative is available.  That is my choice and my
principle.  I also find it terribly pragmatic and a great deal of other
things besides, so I certainly recommend Linux, but not against your own
judgment.

Justin