pfSense experiences

Steven Alligood steve at bluehost.com
Fri Jun 15 09:39:24 MDT 2007

"unlimited funds" and "1-4GB of traffic" being the key words here, I
would strongly suggest a commercial product.

You can do very well on the lower end traffic scale (a couple hundred
MB/sec) with open source and PC hardware, but once you start throwing
around some serious traffic, you will find that the commercial products
just handle it better, often with very nice reporting tools.

I am not saying that you cannot do it with non-commercial stuff, but you
will have a lot more headaches dealing with that amount of traffic.

-Steve