[JOB] Job announcement for True North Academy

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Jun 7 14:59:49 MDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 12:32:20PM -0600, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Scott Morris wrote:

> Let me just compliment you on making a very reasonable job offer.  You
> clearly know what to ask for and what you can expect.  I hope others
> follow your example.

It is an excellent job description. However, "job offer" is a legal
term of art meaning a binding (upon acceptance) offer of
employment. It usually is made by a company to a specific person and
sets out the terms of employment, including, not least, salary or
other compensation. Job offers are usually confidential. I would call
what Mr. Morris sent us a job announcement, as he did.

In this business, we should all be careful with relevant legal terms.