VOIP Provider Again

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Wed Jun 6 17:06:25 MDT 2007

> Back to MLM's - They are (in my opinion) like my idea to hook a generator
> off the wheel of a bike to a motor to drive the bike.  Without a constant
> influx of extra energy / resources from constant customer growth, the whole
> organization topples.  In this regard, I feel that the MLM business model
> is fundamentally flawed - the laws of the universe are conspiring against
> the organization and they rarely last long. (where long is defined as > 25
> years of business w/out  huge paradigm shifts in what they sell, how they
> sell it, or how compensation is structured to their staff).

I believe MLMs are at best a zero-sum game, but more typically are
negative-sum games. You are either winning or losing, and if you are winning,
it is at the cost of someone else losing.

http://www.amquix.info/Amway_zerosum.html

My favorite part of that page is the photo of Einstein showing some guy why
Amway doesn't work.