Drupal and multiple sites

Jesse Stay jesse at thestays.org
Mon Jun 4 15:04:14 MDT 2007

I'm embarking on a project (also needed it at Media General when I was
there) in my spare time, in which I need to be able to have the
possibility of shared content, shared across multiple websites.  I
only want one codebase (preferrably scalable as userbase and content
grows), with a shared database.  I know Drupal used to not support
this.  Since I keep hearing topics on Drupal and CMS's on this list, I
was wondering if any of the Drupal users on the list are aware of such
functionality.

If not, is there an Open Source CMS out there which provides this
capability that you would recommend?  This is a *huge* need in the
journalism/publishing world.  The big guys are all asking for it, and
I can tell you from first hand experience they would seriously
consider switching to Open Source were something available.  Maybe
things have changed since I last looked at this - is anyone aware of
such an offering?

Thanks,

Jesse

--