Utah Open Source, Fedora 7 and the Open Source Technology Center want to thank you for your participation

Jesse Stay jesse at thestays.org
Mon Jun 4 14:59:21 MDT 2007

On 6/4/07, John Anderson <sontek at gmail.com> wrote:
> The biggest issue with the fedora wireless is the decided to use the
> iwlwifi/iwl3945
> driver which isn't currently at a point in which it should be used for a
> stable release.
> Even for people who have got it to recognize their card and see access
> points they
> aren't able to connect to a secured network.
>
> I solved this by using the ipw3945 from atrpms.  Not sure if you have the
> same chipset
> but that might help

Mine is the madwifi driver (I think the card is Atheros).  There are
drivers from atrpms, but the install did not go as smoothly this time
as compared to FC6 (although I still had issues with FC6).  With
Ubuntu it "just worked" - no need to go find the driver, no need to
get it working or turn on NetworkManager, etc.

Jesse

--

#!/usr/bin/perl
#y,d,s,(\$.),$1,gee,print