Utah Open Source, Fedora 7 and the Open Source Technology Center want to thank you for your participation

Jesse Stay jesse at thestays.org
Mon Jun 4 12:57:00 MDT 2007

On 6/4/07, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I'd say that there is another argument you might need to address
> with regard to "Fedora v Ubuntu", and that is where they started and where
> they're going.  Fedora started more on the server side, stable httpd, bind,
> postfix, etc. are a given, whereas on Ubuntu, this hasn't been the case
> until recently.  With Ubuntu, they focused on Linux for the desktop and gave
> it pretty features and user binaries.  Because of this, I think both distros
> lack something.

I agree - I will probably keep Fedora and Redhat on my servers.  I
have never had an issue with them as a server distro.  I am just picky
about my desktop, and have been through enough trying to find the
answer to my issues that I just would rather try something else and
see if they do it better.  To Fedora's credit, FC6 worked much better
with Beryl and Compviz than Ubuntu does out of the box.  I don't know
had I gotten my network issues resolved on Fedora if I would have had
the same experience or not on F7.

Jesse

--

#!/usr/bin/perl