Utah Open Source, Fedora 7 and the Open Source Technology Center want to thank you for your participation

Jesse Stay jesse at thestays.org
Mon Jun 4 11:30:54 MDT 2007

On 6/4/07, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as F7 goes itself, I think its pretty solid.  Give it a couple weeks
> and the minor bugs should be sorted out.  Seems about normal.

This was the release that finally converted me to Ubuntu.  FC6 I could
easily get my wireless card working.  F7 - not a chance, and Gnome
kept freezing on me.  I'm on an IBM Thinkpad R51, which I would
imagine quite a large number of Linux users use - I find it hard to
believe Fedora/Redhat did not test on this before release.  If I have
to go through that much trouble to get it working, it's not worth it
to me.  When I loaded Ubuntu, my wireless card worked, even during the
install - no additional configurations on my part!  I think both
Fedora and Ubuntu have finally convinced me where the "real" distro
is. :-)  I hereby F4 the F7...

Jesse

--

#!/usr/bin/perl