Utah Open Source, Fedora 7 and the Open Source Technology Center want to thank you for your participation

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:44:43 MDT 2007

On 6/4/07, Wade Preston Shearer <lists at wadeshearer.com> wrote:

> > …and the problems were rampant :)
>
> What were the problems?

Mostly the problems were due to some changes in infrastructure that F7
changed.  The old portmap program is now called rpcbind, for instance.

I also didn't have internet access (OSTC is still working on this) which
made it difficult for me to help when one guys cd-rom drive wouldn't read.
We could have been able to upgrade him via yum, except it required FC6
packages too.  (I think yum wanted to remove them)

As far as F7 goes itself, I think its pretty solid.  Give it a couple weeks
and the minor bugs should be sorted out.  Seems about normal.

Cheers,

Clint