side money

Roberto Mello rmello at fslc.usu.edu
Tue Jul 31 08:41:15 MDT 2007

Hi Dave,

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 02:42:25PM -0600, Dave Reed wrote:

> I'm looking for someone who is willing to be on call for problems, and then
> spend 3-5 hours per month verifying the backups and generally keeping
> things patched and tight.
>
> The environment:
>
> - m0n0wall firewall
> - Centos4 on OpenVZ virtuals
> - Oracle 10g
> - Apache 2
> - PHP 5
> - Dell PowerEdge machines

I work as a Systems and Network Administrator and DBA for a company in
Lehi. At my previous job (which I left just a month ago) as Director of
Quality Assurance, I designed and implemented a whole testing infrastructure
using Debian, OpenVZ, LVM, Oracle 10g, Apache and PHP5; on Dell Poweredges.

I put Oracle on OpenVZ VPSs running on LVM snapshots, so that everytime I
started an OpenVZ with Oracle, it would be a "copy" of the database that
could be played with, and when the VPS was turned off, all changes
disappeared. Very handy for testing, and made Oracle easier to work with.

I'm pretty familiar with CentOS/Red Hat EL. I don't claim to be an Oracle
DBA, but I am familiar with some of its administration, plus installation,
which I have done many times.

I'm interested in this. Can you tell me more about what your expectations
are, and what your budget is?

Thanks,

-Roberto

--
Whom the gods would destroy, they first teach BASIC.