JOB: Unix Systems Programmer (remote work)
jon at endpoint.com
Thu Jul 26 16:10:58 MDT 2007
End Point Corporation is looking for a developer with a strong Unix
systems programming background to work with other team members in the
development and maintenance of software for a variety of projects. The
successful applicant will be able to perform analysis of complex systems,
recommend, design and implement changes to existing systems, or
re-architect systems to meet emerging goals.
* Strong communication skills and professionalism
* Strong C & Unix programming experience
* Solid understanding and experience of full product lifecycle
* Solid understanding of TCP/IP
* Familiarity with representative protocols, architectural, and
operational issues in large, distributed systems (e.g., Kerberos, SQL,
DNS, LDAP, backups, monitoring, etc.)
* Experience with at least two of: Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, BSD
* Knowledge of at least one scripting language (awk, Perl, Python,
* Familiarity with distributed and/or clustered filesystems (NFS, AFS, CIFS,
GFS, NAS, etc.)
* Kernel level knowledge and experience with a Unix-based system
* Familiarity with RDBMS internals (e.g., PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle,
Sybase, MySQL, etc.)
* Knowledge of Microsoft Windows internals
This is a full-time salaried position. Employees work from home offices
in the U.S., or at our office in Manhattan. Applicants must be U.S.
citizens or permanent residents. Principals only, please.
Please email Steven Jenkins <jobs at endpoint.com> with information about your
experience and qualifications.
End Point Corporation
More information about the PLUG