Favorite DNS?

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Thu Jul 26 09:21:41 MDT 2007

Kimball Larsen wrote:

> Thanks everyone for all your suggestions - I went ahead and used
> BIND, and the total time it took me to get 18 or so zones configured
> correctly was only about 2 hours, including all the reading I did to
> understand a) DNS in general and b) BIND's approach in particular.
> I'd heard that BIND was a bit of a beast to configure, but 2 hours is
> really not all that bad to go from next to zero knowledge to a fully
> working DNS.

What I've done is take my working BIND configuration and zone files and
make some skeleton files out of them.  A skeleton conf file, and then an
 empty zone file.  That way I can flesh out any new BIND set up in a
just a few minutes.

Even more complicated things like dynamic DNS and split-DNS resolution
don't take too much more to get set up.

Michael