Anti Spam Landscape

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Tue Jul 24 22:08:14 MDT 2007

Thus said Kyle Waters on Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:21:55 MDT:

> I've  been  using greylistd  and  it  keeps a  lot  of  spam out,  but
> sometimes my  real mail  takes over a  day to get  to me.  Anyone have
> config suggestions?

Kind of  sucks to  deal with  poorly configured  mail servers  that take
hours, even days to reschedule  deliveries. This is the biggest negative
in  greylisting, but  one that  is  mostly unavoidable  given the  large
number of clueless email administrators out there; not to mention poorly
written MTAs.

Andy
 10:08pm  up  3:28,  1 user,  load average: 1.21, 1.21, 1.24