Favorite DNS?

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Tue Jul 24 22:04:32 MDT 2007

Thus said Kimball Larsen on Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:24:13 MDT:

> What server does everyone like here?  I've heard that there are others
> besides BIND  to consier, but  not sure  which ones are  worth looking
> into.

My  vote  is  for  tinydns  for publishing  DNS  records  (from  djbdns)
and  dnscache for  recursive  resolvers.  Best way  to  find  out is  to
install/configure those you are interested  in and find out for yourself
what works best.

DJB's documentation is very well written and easy to follow:

http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html

Andy
 10:04pm  up  3:24,  1 user,  load average: 1.32, 1.25, 1.26