Favorite DNS?

Steve Meyers steve-plug at spwiz.com
Tue Jul 24 10:33:54 MDT 2007

Nicholas Leippe wrote:
> I highly recommend djbdns. Very straight forward, standards compliant, and is
> far more flexible and capable than the bind-only crowd will let on.

The only downside is that it was written by DJB. :)  I'm curious,
though.  You say it is "far more flexible and capable than the bind-only
crowd will let on."  Only one message in this thread suggested BIND, and
that mentioned specific features such as split horizon and dynamic DNS.
  Does djbdns support those features?  If it doesn't, can you share with
us a little more about the flexibility and capabilities of djbdns, so we
can better understand why we should be using djbdns?

Thanks!

Steve