moving ports

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Fri Jul 13 22:19:53 MDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 18:43 -0600, Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:
> +++ Dave Smith [13/07/07 18:44 -0600]:
> > Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:
> > >How do I, or can I even, keep my email as is, with a different incoming and
> > >outgoing port, and forward 25, 110 over to the zimbra installation on
> > >david,
> > >so that the status quo works, and the zimbra box too?
> > >

> > Are you forwarding ports through a NAT-enabled router from the internet?
> >

> Yes. I have an RT31P2 router (from Vonage) that will have the ports
> forwarded to the zimbra/david box.

Simply put, you can't. There is only one port 25 and mail servers
require you to be listening on it. If "scott" has it, "david" can't. NAT
sucks.

What I would recommend is turning your Exim box into an SMTP router,
something it's completely capable of. Add this code to the "routers"
section of your exim4.conf, where 192.168.1.2 is the IP of "david".

        david:
          driver = manualroute
          transport = remote_smtp
          domains = david.example.com
          route_list = * 192.168.1.2

Make sure you've got DNSBLs set up on "scott" since "david" won't be
able to see the originating IP address.

Corey