Video editing distro

Michael Huston mike at jhuston.com
Mon Jul 9 08:20:11 MDT 2007

I do quite a bit of video editing--I need a distro that has
applications for video editing on its dvd  and works well with SIS
graphics cards--I loaded SUSE 10.2, and it has a problem with playing
video through my graphics card--on a video that is 320*240, the top
half plays fine, but the first row of pixels on the top half stretch to
fill the bottom half.

If I could get SUSE around that issue, I would really love SUSE; I'm
also getting a Raedon9200SE shipped to me--How much of an issue would
it be to install it in SUSE? Would SUSE have the same video issues with
the 9200SE?