[JOB] Linux Guru Wanted (LDS Family History)

Jordy jordy at gundy.org
Fri Jul 6 11:48:40 MDT 2007

Here's a job posting for the LDS Family & Church History Department.
Please contact Brent directly if you're interested.

Brent Packer wrote:
> Linux Guru
>
>     * Successful Candidate must have a BSCS or related degree and/or
>       relevant experience
>     * Strong understanding of software design and development
>     * Experience with Agile Development
>     * Indepth operating system knowledge of Linux
>     * Strong understanding of networking principles and implementations
>     * Strong understanding of secure environments and how to create them
>     * Understanding of opensource technologies and how to leverage those
>       environments.
>     * Ability to stay calm under fire.
>     * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
>     * Must be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day
>       Saints, currently worthy of a temple recommend

>       Brent Packer
>       Family & Church History Department
>       Recruiter
>       P. 801-240-4670
>       E. packerbw /a T\ ldschurch \d0t/ o|r|g

More info in his previous note:
-----------------

I work as the recruiter for the Family & Church History Department at
the LDS Church.  We've been working to develop the New FamilySearch Web
Site.

In looking at your Linked in profile and past work I was hoping that you
may be able to point me in the right direction.  We're searching for
what we're calling a "Linux Guru"  someone who has an in-depth OS
knowledge of Linux.  Someone who understands linux networking and
implementations, but is really a developer not an admin.

This has been a difficult position for us to fill and any thoughts or
suggestions could really help out.

I'd love to talk with you if you have a minute!
Thanks!
Brent Packer
Recruiter