Easy RPM creation

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:29:59 MDT 2007

On 7/2/07, Dave Smith <dave at thesmithfam.org> wrote:

> I'm looking for a tool to ease the creation or RPM's. I have about 10
> different projects that need to be RPM'ified and I'm getting sick of
> hacking on .spec files. Ideally, I want something like cRUST (which is
> unmaintained apparently) that generates an RPM from a sandbox directory
> and command line arguments. Any thoughts?

Dave,

I've had this same thought over the past while.  I think making and
maintaining repositories should be easier too.  Though I've not seen
anything in particular that would help you, I'd be interested in hearing
what (if anything) you find.

I'm also considering the option of building something like that myself that
would work for .deb, .rpm and even gentoo emerges.  It would be nice to have
a central repository where someone could just drop their code with a certain
set of requirements and 20-30 minutes later (at most), they can be
installed.

Cheers,

Clint