vmware fusion [was: 2 Distro Recommendations?]

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 23:48:48 MST 2007

On 1/31/07, Scott Paul Robertson <spr at mahonri5.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 07:05:35PM -0700, Alex Esplin wrote:
> > So far I've had an excellent experience with Ubuntu in VMWare's Fusion
> > player for Mac at work.  Installation was a breeze, VMWare's tools
> > installed (with minor tweaking of the xorg.conf to use VMWare's mouse
> > driver (which plays very nicely with my Mighty Mouse).  Drag and drop
> > between OSX and Ubuntu works seamlessly.  I'm probably going to
> > install it on my MacBook as soon as I finish a project for school.
> >

> Is drag-and-drop part of the tools?
>
> Also, have you been able to get your vm talking to your mac and
> vice-versa? I can get it so the vm can get to the mac, but not
> vice-versa

I would assume it is part of the tools, since it didn't work before I
installed them.  What kind of 'talking' are you trying to do?  Drag
and drop works both ways for me, but I haven't tried much else, since
other projects have preempted it at work and I haven't gotten around
to installing Fusion on my MacBook yet.

--
Alex Esplin