2 Distro Recommendations?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 18:03:25 MST 2007

Hello Everyone,

I got a Mac today that I plan to configure for dual boot, and I want
to retire my current Linux Box.

My goal for the existing linux box is to turn it into a Network
Attached Storage Device for my LAN.
The ideal distro for the retired box would be one specialized for
usage as a NAS, have a small diskspace footprint, and preferably be
able to run (if not install), headless.

The retired box has 1GB of RAM, so a live CD would be a real
possibility for it, so we could maximize disk utilization.

Now the other recommendation I'm looking for, is a good distro for
this shiny new Mac In a Box.  The Mac Mini, has a dual core Intel CPU
and a Gig of RAM.  But I'm not sure what Linux Distro's will play nice
with Macs.  Ideally I'ld like a version that virtualizes well, so I
can run it concurrent with OSX.  But I'm not opposed to a triple boot
configuration (I program for a living, and this is technically a "work
computer", so I need to compile and test on all 3 platforms) if thats
the only way to go here.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

p.s. Is there an OSX user group in the state I could look into for
asking Mac specific stuff?