A useful resource: Goodbye, Microsoft(r)

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:57:07 MST 2007

On 1/30/07, Hill, Greg <grhill at corp.untd.com> wrote:
> The only games that I think are better-suited for consoles are racing
> games, sports games, and fighting games.  Strategy games (both real-time
> and turn-based) and first person shooters suck on consoles (although for
> some reason, people seem to enjoy Halo on Xbox - I personally wanted to
> throw the controller at the screen because it was so awkward to
> control).  RPGs and adventure games seem to be well-suited to either
> type of system.
>
> Greg

A-friggin-men!  Halo, or any FPS on a console, is worthless.  No
matter what is done to consoles (aside from morphing them into a PC),
there will always be games that are better suited to an environment
that has one or more of the following:

1) A keyboard for chatting and/or massive key bindings (WoW)
2) A mouse
3) A beefy processor and GPU.
4) Large secondary storage
5) High speed Internet

Like Greg said, RTS, FPS and many other games are just cruel to play
on a console.  PC gaming will live on for many hours into the future
(it doesn't hurt to be conservative).

-Bryan