Returned Mail by the 1000s

Gary Thornock gthornock at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 12:20:30 MST 2007

--- Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> That sort of blocked it, but now I get hundreds of
> Undeliverable messages in my inbox.  I am guessing that if I
> remove the "mail for korea.com is not deliverable" part from
> the transport file, this will go away?

OK, you can shut it down a bit more by changing the transport
type from "error:whatever" to "file:/dev/null" (and re-running
"postmap transport && postfix reload"), but before you do that,
try to capture a few of the messages (or at least save some of
the bounce messages) so you have some information to work with
as you try to find out what's sending all the junk.

> Also, I do think it's something local on my box, but nothing
> really appears out of the ordinary.  Looking around, I've so
> far located a couple processes that are suspect, but nothing
> really solid.  Are there any good tools out there to help
> identify the culprit?

That's going to require looking at the logs and probably the
messages themselves.