Returned Mail by the 1000s

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Jan 30 09:58:08 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 09:52 -0700, Clint Savage wrote:
> Gary thanx.
>
> That sort of blocked it, but now I get hundreds of Undeliverable messages in
> my inbox.  I am guessing that if I remove the "mail for korea.com is not
> deliverable" part from the transport file, this will go away?
>
> Also, I do think it's something local on my box, but nothing really appears
> out of the ordinary.  Looking around, I've so far located a couple processes
> that are suspect, but nothing really solid.  Are there any good tools out
> there to help identify the culprit?

Can you post us the full headers of one of the messages? That's usually
a good place to start.

I'm not that familiar with Postfix, but the logs should show somewhere
that the messages are being submitted. They have to be accepted before
they can be delivered. Unless logging is turned off, there's should be a
record somewhere. Find the log, save the world.

Corey