[OT] This feels wrong (pthreads question)

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Mon Jan 29 14:28:48 MST 2007

"Matthew Walker" <rorith at kydance.net> writes:
> Thanks for mentioning this, Levi. Turns out, it's something I need for a
> hobby project of mine. A spaceship simulator on a MOO (A distant cousin of
> MUD).

Nifty.  I used to do some MOO programming, though I gave it up when I
found ColdMUD, which is an evolutionary descendant of MOO with a much
cooler programming language.  In fact, I first learned vi because of
MOO.  The server I MOO I played on had a bad DIMM, and the textdumps
going back several months were corrupted by it and wouldn't load.  I
talked the wizards into letting me investigate, and after downloading
the latest textdump, which filled most of my hard drive and was much
larger than my RAM, I tried to open it in various editors.  Only the
version of vi I was using at the time was set up to open it on my
limited machine, and regexp searches became very useful in looking for
the patterns with which the data corruption manifested itself.

                --Levi