[OT] This feels wrong (pthreads question)

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 08:28:21 MST 2007

Hey thats neat, but I think I've hit upon a much more efficient implementation.
As I said before at present I have it so each sender creates a new
thread and polls the scenegraph on it's own.

After sleeping on it I realized this is far less efficient than
another slightly more complex model.

In this model the whole system becomes event driven.
When my scenegraph recieves an event, it searches itself once for all
objects in scope of the event.  It then notifies all the Sender
objects (we'll call it a client handler for clairty), in scope of the
event, which then take the task of passing it on to the client.

I believe that this would be much more efficient than the current
model, because it eliminates the overhead of a context switch, as well
as the overhead of having each client handler, query the scenegraph on
it's own whether or not an event has taken place.

Thoughts?