spam being sent using my domain

Von Fugal fuglv at cs.byu.edu
Thu Jan 25 19:57:30 MST 2007

* Shane Hathaway [Fri, 19 Jan 2007 at 10:20 -0700]
> Perhaps a better way to do this is to use address extensions.  For
> example, if you have 'me at example.com', you can also receive mail as
> 'me+oldnavy at example.com' and 'me+blog at example.com'.  Postfix supports
> this feature but doesn't enable it by default.  It's configured using
> 'recipient_delimiter' in main.cf.  You might choose '.' or '-' as the
> delimiter so that it isn't obvious to spammers that you're using the
> feature.
>
> Shane

I use the + trick, and what concerns me more than if the spammers
suspect I'm using the feature is if the actual website I'm trying to
enter the address into thinks '+' is a valid email character. (Which it
most definately is, but that doesn't mean I haven't encountered
countless sites that complain about it.)
Anyway, I would like to use . or -, problem is I already have +
addresses out there that I don't necessarily want to break. Oh I wish
postfix could have multiple recipient_delimiter's. That would give me
warm fuzzies.

Von Fugal