Going 64 bit

Jeff Nyman Jeff.Nyman at caselle.com
Wed Jan 24 14:15:20 MST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.org [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org]On Behalf Of
Bryan Petty
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:16 PM
To: Provo Linux Users Group Mailing List
Cc: UPHPU General Discussion
Subject: Re: Going 64 bit

On 1/23/07, Brandon Stout <bms at mscis.org> wrote:
> Forgive the cross-post to UPHPU and PLUG, please.  I'm going 64 bit!
> Any recomendations?

Well if your a cheapo like me, I just made the jump to 64-bit because my
video editing software won't let me update with my old Athlon 3000+. Like
you I wanted to keep all I could (AGP, memory, HDD's etc.) I bought a used
socket 939 MB from ebay and got a Dual core opteron 165 from newegg. They
say you can overclock the guts out of it with the stock HSF. Was the best
thing I could think of to do so I could reuse all my other crap.