Make WAN address always respond as such (iptables rules?)

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Tue Jan 23 15:45:10 MST 2007

Andrew Jorgensen wrote:
> Chain prerouting_vlan1 (1 references)
> DNAT       tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           multiport
> dports 22,80 to:192.168.1.3

This rule confuses me.  It seems to say that any connection going
through this router, if addressed to port 22 or 80, regardless of the
destination IP address, should be redirected to 192.168.1.3.  If I read
that right, then your internal network can't reach any web site or SSH
server except 192.168.1.3.

*shrug*

Shane