dvd archiving on OSX

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Tue Jan 23 08:08:04 MST 2007

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Hans Fugal wrote:

>> Toast does resizing for me.  Compressed movies do not have the same
>> quality though so the dual layer drive is a good option.  Although my
>> family has not really notice the differences in compressed movies that I
>> have made yet.  Then again, we do not have an HD tv yet either.
>
> Toast is also $80, unless I'm missing something. Is there a free
> version?
>
> I'm like you - our TV is by far the limiting factor in all but the most
> agressive quality tradeoff.

I do not know of a free version of Toast, well perhaps a trial version.  I
also do not know of a good free alternative.  I decided to pay for Toast
because it was highly recommended and I could not find anything free that
would do what I wanted.  Sometimes you get you pay for.  Unfortunately,
you are correct about tv's being the most agressive.  The one I want is
still a good $2000.  Yikes!

Jonathan