dvd archiving on OSX

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Tue Jan 23 07:45:06 MST 2007

As mentioned, MacTheRipper. However it won't get you from dual-layer to
single-layer. You'll have to either buy one of the $30+ programs for
reencoding, rip titles individually and reencode with ffmpeg or mencoder
or something then figure out how to dvdauthor them back to a DVD (a real
pain), or buy a $30 dual-layer capabale burner (probably the best option
unless you're dealing with a laptop).

There's supposedly a free (as in beer) program that does resizing on
Windows, and there's supposedly Free ones on Linux but I haven't got
them to work yet either. I dont often recommend anything that involves
spending money, cheapskate that I am, but I think the dual-layer capable
burner is the way to go. You still need MacTheRipper (or something like
it in linux - I'm sure there's something but I haven't looked into it)
that will remove the encryption for you.