Can't connect to WLAN

Byron Clark byron at theclarkfamily.name
Fri Jan 19 17:31:06 MST 2007

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 02:30:13PM -0700, Daniel wrote:
> I may be confused on the password.  I did more research and I found
> the correct WPA passphrase.  I do:
>
> root at daniel-ubuntu:~# wpa_passphrase ASD <passphrase>
> network={
>        ssid="ASD"
>        #psk="<passphrase>"
>        psk=<64 character hex key>
> }
>
> Then edit interfaces
>
> root at daniel-ubuntu:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces
> --snip--
> auto eth1
>
> iface eth1 inet dhcp
>        wireless-mode managed
>        wpa-driver ndiswrapper
>        wpa-ssid ASD
>        wpa-psk <64 character hex key>
>
> Am I using the correct key in the correct manner?

You should be able to use either the 64 character hex key or the plain
text passphrase you used to generate the hex key.

What version of ndiswrapper are you using?  I've just noticed that newer
versions (after 1.16) of ndiswrapper need to use wpa-driver wext instead
of wpa-driver ndiswrapper.

--
Byron Clark