spam being sent using my domain

Derek Davis derek.davis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 21:52:43 MST 2007

I own the domain name dnadavis.net.  I set up a catch all mx entry, so
that all email that I don't specifically account for gets forwarded to
my gmail address.  This way, I can make up email addresses on the
spot, which I like doing.  Like using oldnavy at dnadavis.net if I shop
at Old Navy, so I know if they sell my email address to spammers. :)
I have my home computer setup with postfix, but it's not configured
for receiving mail.  At least not intentionally.  Recently, I started
periodically receiving bounced or rejected messages, maybe 1 or 2 per
week.  However, I didn't send out those messages, I don't know the
intended recipient, and they are spam.  I looked through
/var/log/messages, and I didn't see any entries that looked like these
messages were sent from here, but I don't know where else to look.
So, here are my questions:

1) How can I determine if people are relaying spam through my machine?
 If they are, I think I can wade through the postfix config and figure
out how to stop it.  Any other suggestions?
2) If they aren't, but they are just sending mail spoofing my domain,
what can I do about it?  What should I do?

Thanks.  I'd hate for people to think that I've turned into a spammer.

Derek M Davis                                derek.davis at gmail.com