Looking to hire a PERL guru

Grant Robinson santiago at mr-r.net
Thu Jan 18 15:20:41 MST 2007

On Jan 18, 2007, at 12:29 PM, Bryan Sant wrote:

> On 1/17/07, Jesse Stay <jesse at thestays.org> wrote:
>> I'll agree to disagree.  Also, if you watch the jobs-perl-discuss
>> list
>> on perl.org he and others have spoken out about this in the last year
>> or two.  While I agree it's silly to be picky about simple
>> capitalization, I still like to warn companies about doing it the
>> right way - they will miss out on some good potential candidates by
>> not doing so.
>
> Holly crybabies Batman!  I have even less respect for the PERL
> community.  What a joke.  I hope that this immature attitude
> represents the minority of "professionals" in that camp.  I would
> think that spreading the gospel of Perl would be better served by
> gentle guidance to persons and potential employers rather than harsh
> rejection of those who aren't 1337 haX0rz who know how to spell P3r1
> correctly.
>
> BTW - don't you ever *THINK* about spelling Java as JAVA or I'll have
> a conniption fit and hold my breath until I pass out!  Just thinking
> about you potentially spelling it that way is making me
> hyperventilate!  Waaaaaaaa!!

This is coming from the person who jumps down the throat of anyone
who dares to post anything derogatory about Java.  (For example,
saying that Java is a) not the greatest language ever, b) not the
best language for task XYZ or c) slow.)

:)

Note by the smiley face that I am teasing Bryan.

In all seriousness, its probably best not to make fun of someone for
pointing things out, as each of us has, at one time or another,
pointed something out that may seem trivial to someone else.  Top-
posting, VIM is better than emacs (and vice-versa), not trimming,
etc, etc.

Grant