triple boot

Daniel teletautala at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 09:32:00 MST 2007

Ding! Ding! Ding! Louis gets the prize.
I did:

daniel at daniel-ubuntu:~/nmapScans$ ls -l /sbin/lvscan
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 2007-01-17 13:05 /sbin/lvscan -> lvmiopversion

Then I reinstalled lvm-common.   Then I did:

daniel at daniel-ubuntu:~/nmapScans$ lvscan
  /etc/lvm/.cache: open failed: Permission denied
  No volume groups found
  /etc/lvm/.cache: fopen failed: Permission denied

Then I did:

daniel at daniel-ubuntu:~/nmapScans$ su -
Password:
root at daniel-ubuntu:~# lvscan
  ACTIVE            '/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00' [33.06 GB] inherit
  ACTIVE            '/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01' [1.94 GB] inherit

What had happened was when I couldn't connect to the us.archive site I
downloaded packages from other sites to see if it would work.  I must
have had an incompatible copy of lvm-common installed.

Now everything is ok.  I did:

root at daniel-ubuntu:~# vgscan
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  Found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2
root at daniel-ubuntu:~# vgchange -a y VolGroup00
  2 logical volume(s) in volume group "VolGroup00" now active
root at daniel-ubuntu:~# lvdisplay VolGroup00
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
  VG Name                VolGroup00
  LV UUID                vCQGay-UEXC-Di8L-N5H1-Zylh-L5P2-YpXTul
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
--snip--

root at daniel-ubuntu:~# mount /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /mnt/fedora/
root at daniel-ubuntu:~# cd /mnt/fedora/
.bash_history  dev/           jawt.h         jni_md.h
lost+found/    mnt/           proc/          selinux/       tmp/
bin/           etc/           jawt_md.h      .lesshst       media/
    opt/           root/          srv/           usr/
boot/          home/          jni.h          lib/           misc/
    poweroff       sbin/          sys/           var/

Thank you everyone for your help.

-Daniel