triple boot

Louis Zirkel lzirkel at cendev.com
Thu Jan 18 05:22:06 MST 2007

Daniel wrote:

> I tried a variety of commands all with the same result.
>
> daniel at daniel-ubuntu:~$ vgscan
> No program "vgscan" found for your current version of LVM
> daniel at daniel-ubuntu:~$ lvdisplay
> No program "lvdisplay" found for your current version of LVM
> daniel at daniel-ubuntu:~$ lvscan
> No program "lvscan" found for your current version of LVM
> daniel at daniel-ubuntu:~$ lvm
> No program "lvm" found for your current version of LVM
> daniel at daniel-ubuntu:~$ lvm --version
> No program "lvm" found for your current version of LVM
>
> What is going on here?

Try doing an 'ls -l /sbin/lvscan' and see if that command is actually a
symlink.  My guess is that you may have the incorrect lvm-common package
installed.  I did this recently on Debian and discovered that much the
same thing happened.  Getting all the packages in sync with each other
resolved the issue in the end.

Louis Zirkel / lzirkel at cendev.com
Systems Engineer