Increased Job Postings?

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed Jan 17 23:56:38 MST 2007

On Wed, January 17, 2007 23:44, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 23:26:16 -0700 (MST), "Ryan Simpkins"
>> What if a PLUG volunteer(s) helped companies fill Linux/FOSS jobs?
>
> There are people that do that.  They are called recruiters.
>
> -Jonathan

I don't think this position is intended to replace recruiters. However, I do think
such a position could help suppliment all those seeking local Linux/FOSS talent.
This volunteer isn't going to pass resumes around. (S)he will simply be providing
some real insight in to the FOSS culture that few HR/recruiters I think grasp. It
also provides a single point of contact for recruiters, employers and PLUG members
seeking employment.

So, the position I had in mind isn't a resume pusher, but more of an employment usher.

-Ryan