questions about mounting a remote folder

Hill, Greg grhill at corp.untd.com
Mon Jan 15 13:57:33 MST 2007

> On Monday 15 January 2007 12:54 pm, Hill, Greg wrote:
> > I would like to set up a shared folder on my server that both my
wife
> > and her parents can access remotely to send files back and forth.
>

> You might want to take a look at www.ifolder.com

This looks pretty cool.  I'll have to research it more thoroughly before
I try it out, but it might be exactly what I need.  Glad it also has a
windows client as I may want to use it in the future for other things as
well.

Any idea how it performs?  As in, how much load does it put on the
server, both CPU usage and memory.  The server's got a lot of spare
cycles currently, but I'd still not want to do this if it's a resource
hog.  I'm also a bit reluctant to run mono, but that's probably an
unfounded fear.  Also not sure I'm keen on the lack of SSH, but it's
coming in the next version.

If I can restrict it by virtual host, then it seems to be a good
candidate, assuming resource consumption isn't excessive and the SSH
version comes out in time.  I'll have to play around with it on my dev
box at home.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Greg