triple boot

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 17:34:50 MST 2007

With Ubuntu, you'll probably first need to install lvm.  Once you've done
that run

# vgscan
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  Found volume group "gen" using metadata type lvm2
  Found volume group "os" using metadata type lvm2

I have two.  If I want to then activate that device then I run:

# vgchange -a y gen

Afterwhich I'll have a device like so

# lvdisplay gen
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/gen/share
  VG Name                gen
  LV UUID
.. snip ..
  Block device           253:2

Note the LV Name line, that corresponds to what can be considered your
device.  Mount it as normal

mount /dev/gen/share /mnt

And you are up and running.

Cheers,