Apple Computers, Inc. is no more!

Hill, Greg grhill at corp.untd.com
Thu Jan 11 15:19:03 MST 2007

> On 1/11/07, Andrew McNabb <amcnabb at mcnabbs.org> wrote:
> > I know one person who bought one.  Their only purchasing criterion
was
> > to get something that wasn't an iPod.  I could have given them a few
> > more choices if they had asked me, but oh, well. :)
>
> I'd like something that isn't an iPod.  Suggestions?

I got an Archos 504 for Christmas.  The interface isn't as slick as an
iPod, but it's got around a 4" widescreen screen, plays divx video, and
has a 160GB hard drive (they have 40GB and 80GB versions too).  It acts
as an external drive, or you can sync with windows media player (yuck).
So far, I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but I haven't really tested the
video stuff yet.

Greg